Happy New Year,, Pangaeans!....well, almost.
First I want to apologize for the delay. Demo Version 0.2 finished on time as I hoped, but I ran into some trouble. The laptop I was using for my troubleshooting is not graphoc intensive and acts like a dial-up modem in the 90's. Yestaerday as I was doing my QA checking, it finally gave me the middle finger and chose not to do it anymore. I bought a laptop last year meant for writing, but it turns out it can handle PC troubleshooting just fine! I moved all of my matierals over and successfully finished my QA of the game. I wasn't able to go through every nook and cranny, due to lack of sleep of wanting to get this out sooner, but you should be able to progress through the story just fine.
So what's different? Let's go down the list!
- Zack's house has been redesigned inside and out:
- The outside's layout is largely unchanged with some obvious physical differences
- The inside is now a two story house as opposed to the single floor long house.
- Getting the Toy Sword and Journal can be done in any order.
The interdimensional rift has been changed.
- The walls have been removed
- The path is still somewhat linear, but with new Tutorials on the side paths.
- New Home Town has been redesigned.
- The underground city has two new extra locations: The Chuch and the Barracks
- The Priest is someone can examine each party member's strengths and weaknesses.
- The Church explores the back story of the Seven Gods as well the origins of Pangaea.
- Across the Church is the graveyard, which serves a purpose during the story.
- The Barracks is only available after you get the Widget but before you turn in the Keycard.
- The Barracks holds extra tips and training to help you get familiar with the game.
- The Overseer helps you teach how to use the battle system.
- The entire layout of the city has been changed and some rooms have been renovated.
- More NPCs are now available to communicate with.
- A new side quest has been created after you obtain the Widget.
- Boulder, Cici, Blitz, and Azami have gotten costume changes.
- Boulder, Cici, and Azami will change from rebellion armor into regular clothes.
- The story expands from Zero's plan. You are able to leave New Home Town after a certain point in the game.
- A new and powerful enemy is introduced: Reina.
- A character entry will be made for her for the website on Friday.
- Two new dungeons are introduced; The Labyrinth and The Sea of Trees
- The Labyrinth is only a teaser and not an actual dungeon. It will serve as one in the full game.
- The Sea of Trees is the "first" dungeon you can fully explore and the final area of the Demo.
- A new party member will be added to your crew: June Credomann
- A character entry will be made for her on the website on Friday.
Now for the mechanics:
- New cursor sound during dialogue is quieter
- Text will now be in breaks to simulate talking and emotions during chat.
- Name boxes have been added to all the people in the game.
- Typos and grammatical errors have been fixed.
- Certain events have either been moved around or removed entirely.
- Boulder's Quake can now attack all enemies!
- Cici's Water Combo will now hit a random enemy.
- Everyone is Level Capped to 10.
There's still a lot more I want to do, but the foundation is finally all set, story-wise! For me, it's still pretty empty, but everything in the completed Demo right where I want. But there's still more I need to do before I entertain this thought.
I'm taking some time off due to my being out of work and wanting to rectify that. After that, I'll be focusing on the battle system and perfecting it just enough to get a foundation set on that. As it is right now, I hate it! Fortunately, thanks to the geniuses that are Yanfly, Hime, etc., certain plugins exist that allow me to fiddle with it to be able to get anywhere. I have NO idea when this will be done, but I'll keep everyone posted, as per usual!
Go ahead and double-click the link below (or copy-paste it into your address bar) to download your copy for free at:
Please be warned: If you have any previous versions, saves, or data of any kind of The Legend of Pangaea, please be sure to delete it before you begin this game. Any older versions may cause interference, glitches, etc on the current Demo. I am not responsible if this happens.
I can't say it enough: Thank you everyone for your continued support! It makes making this all the more fun and worthwhile.
The author and creator of "The Legend of Pangaea" and