Twilight Faze here. Been quite a busy few months, so let me get everyone caught up!
"IS THE LEGEND OF PANGAEA STILL ONGOING/CANCELLED/ETC."
I'm still working on this. However, as the months go on, I've been doing less and less to prepare for my move and upcoming class. I also need to get back to gathering resources for the art side of things afterward. At this point, now that I have a genius musician on my side as a partner, I'd only get more music resources for inspirational purposes. Also, due to a change in plans, I'm thinking of moving this game to a Unity or Unreal 4, etc. engine in the future. So, the good news is The Legend of Pangaea might get an upgrade in the future and function as one game instead of a multi-part game. It'll still be a 3 part episodic game, but at least it'll be all together. More to come on this as the development continues.
"EH? A BUSINESS PARTNER?"
Yes, I met Michael Gordon, a death metal musician who is an AMAZING composer for game music as well. He not only came with a knack of musical prowess, but some great ideas of games himself. Because he is musically oriented, he has even pitched an idea of a music-themed game that sounds fun, promising, and something players would enjoy. While we agreed that because The Legend of Pangaea will be the flagship game, we will still work on his game. But there's another tag-team effort we are working on: A browser/mobile game. I'm also talking to a couple other people who may be interested in joining the team. The day where a business is established may not be far off!
"WHAT'S THIS BROWSER/MOBILE GAME YOU JUST MENTIONED?"
Michael came with a great idea to help expand our name. It's going to be sci-fi involving traveling to multiple worlds of your choice. But that's all the details we have for now. We're still working on the plot as well as other details. Once I get enough for it, I'll create a site for everyone to access.
"YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVE FOR A WHILE NOW. WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?"
August. Ideally, it'd be late-July, but if the past few months have taught me anything, "Expect delays." Low-key, my family has been opposed to the move. They vocally support it, but you can tell from body language they are not happy with the idea. I've also been noticing that my usefulness has been taken for granted, almost to the point where I'm being "volun-told" not "volunteered" for certain things. Not a fan. I'm still talking around and finally have two places I like. Once my next payday hits, I'm gonna get the ball rolling. I've also been back to doing Lyft for extra money so that's been taking up what little free time I have left too.
"WHAT'S GOING ON WITH FOOTSY?"
The streams have been moved (again) to Saturday mornings now. We're still trying to set a time, but I'm looking at anywhere between 9 and 10 AM, Pacific Time. He also set up a Discord for his fans, fans of gaming, or supporters of The Legend of Pangaea. Feel free to check it out:
"ARE YOU GOING TO BE DOING ANYTHING ELSE?"
Yeah, actually. I'm seriously debating on doing Let's Play videos/walkthroughs of the various quests and side-quests of the game. And after looking into it, I discovered that the FFXI fanfic I was writing that was pulled was not pulled by an official, but by a troll with a convincing e-mail. There should have been a cease-and-desist letter, but it was just a formal (and polite) message. Knowing this now, I'm gonna redo the weekly FFXI fanfic after I move. I need to re-establish the three main characters and their backgrounds. I want to do one for FFXIV too, but what stops me is I'd rather much do that from 1.0 onward, but because Square Enix pulled the plug on that, I don't have all the data for it anymore, just the generic storyline. Maybe a future update will allow us to relive those days with current mechanics and graphics, but I won't hold my breath.
Thanks again to everyone who's been showing support for me, Footsy, and The Legend of Pangaea. Your support means the world!
Is it safe to pop my head out? After my last post, I needed to play it (kinda) safe LOL
If you've been watching Footsy Updates streams, you already know what I'm up to. But I'll pretend you have no idea. What I've been up to is that I've been working on the script for The Legend of Pangaea. It's been a slow process for two reasons:
1) I keep redoing the script as I write it. As I mentioned before, the characters take a life of their own as I write causing me to go back and fix some things. Luckily the story itself is largely unchanged and I'm trying to keep the storyline to how Cullen did in his fanfic (minus the Pokemon and Pokemon themes, of course. Last thing I need is Nintendo on my ass). I'm about halfway through.......again. I've been halfway through for how long now? LOL
2) I'm spending most of my free time either on schoolwork or ridesharing to make money for my move, both which are VERY time-consuming. I need the education for personal and professional use and I need the ridesharing for additional cashola. Both are very productive so far, putting me on the path!
If all goes well, I'll move to New Mexico by July. Yeah, I know: moving into a desert state in the middle of summer where its 100+ F/37+ C degrees, but I'd be moving into familiar territory. I'll be scouting the location I plan to move into around June too. I prefer deals like this to be face-to-face anyway so that's a good thing.
I also got a few tech upgrades, but I'll hold off revealing those since I have a stream to do with Footsy this afternoon. Suffice to say, my life got a lot easier, but I forgot the pains of downloading old stuff onto new hardware. No one to blame but myself.
I'm still amazed I get traffic on this site and I deeply appreciate it! I'm not able to generate any revenue due to how the site is laid out, but I still am grateful to everyone who does and for the ones supporting me on my game and for Footsy on his streams. You are all wonderful people!
With Martin Luther King Day coming up tomorrow (a day of national importance in America), I realize my game may bring something sensitive regarding race in the game. I want to nip this in the bud now before I get accused of being racist, so let me go down the history of Pangaea's races:
To begin with, they are predominantly white. This has nothing to do with my skin color. It was a literal coin toss how this was going to play out. As in I took a quarter, took a Sharpie to it with a W on one side a B on the other, flipped it and it landed up W. No best 2 out of 3 or anything. I flipped the coin and didn't interfere with the landing. I know there will be some people who will doubt this, but consider that the official statement.
Next up, races don't apply the same on Pangaea as they do on Earth. For example, no one can tan, hence the one solid color. That's not to say there are no dark-skinned Pangaeans. They are a rarity, but they are a child of a Pangaean and Feran (the animal-human hybrid people of Pangaea, like Azami). They are also the only "Elves" in the game as even if they are a child of a dog or pig Feran, they will not have the physical traits of them but will have the long ears of an elf instead.
So what happens if a mixed race is with another mixed race? The child will be light-skinned and, depending on the genes, will either be human or Feran, depending on the mother's parentage. Honestly, I haven't worked that last part out completely. It never came up in the story, but it's still a detail I want to iron out. It's the best I got for now.
How it works is the child's race is determined by the mother. If a Feran marries another Feran, the child will be the same race as the mother, no matter what. A Pangaean will always be a Pangaean. The sex is a crap-shoot and can be 50-50, but we're not talking about that. But if a Pangaean and Feran have a kid, it will come out a "dark elf" if you will.
So, why did I rewrite the rules of race in this game? Because I got sick and tired of the rules of race on Earth. This is a different world with different laws of nature. I wanted to capitalize on that and show just how stupid race and racism is. I know this message won't reach everyone and there will still be some people out there that will somehow twist this to make it a racist thing.
But that's why I want to end this message on this note: Race does NOT exist in Pangaea. It ONLY exists on Earth. On Pangaea, your skin's color and physical attributes are just what you're born with. Feran and Pangaean are also not races, they are breeds of people that exist on the planet. It's my dream that someday, the idea of race will also be as nonexistent as it is on Pangaea.
Hey folks, Twilight Faze here! Footsy's out of commission since he's getting plastic for his mouth and bleach for his eyes (Seriously, people DON'T DO THIS. It's one thing for Footsy, but if humans put bleach in the eyes, you will go blind permanently and the process will be unbearably painful. I shouldn't have to put this disclaimer, but after the Tide Pod Challenge some time ago, I can't leave anything to chance. DON'T DO IT!!!).
So I have some announcements:
1) First and foremost, starting Wednesday we're going to be doing our Twitch streams at noon. Next week will be Thursday, then Friday, etc. We're trying to find a good time to get Footsy with some people to chat nonsense with that's convenient for the viewers. So far, noon has been the sweet spot hour to start, but we'll adjust if another time is better overall.
2) Footsy has been on my case to get a green screen. I've decided once I file my taxes this year, I'll go hunt for an affordable one as well as a camera mount for my webcam. It's been positioned traditionally above my monitor even now, making keeping me out of the shot near impossible. This will be after April, but realistically I'll be hunting around late February to early March.
3) As for the Legend of Pangaea, I've decided to scrap doing demos. The game itself is not scrapped, but I realized I've been so focused on making the demo right and playable, I've spent NO time progressing the story, mechanics, or anything else. As I write, the game evolves and grows almost like a life of it's own. I need to complete that before I let audiences enjoy what I have to offer. I know I promised version 0.5 for some time, but it's not gonna happen. The next time you see a Demo, it will be a full version 1.0, but that won't be for a few years yet. For now, I'm just going to worry about the basics and get the main script going. Maybe fiddle with Spriter and create some custom characters for Zero and the gang.
4) Due to recent events, holidays, and personal shenanigans, I haven't been able to post the videos from Twitch on YouTube. I'll try to knock that out in the next couple days. Don't expect anything special. It's raw video footage from the stream. I haven't had time to teach myself video editing.
I'm sorry if I've disappointed any fans out there. If the call for a demo is strong enough, I'll at least put back version 0.4, but because it has a couple of bugs (one game-breaking), I'm hesitant to do so. Either way, Footsy will be back in action in a couple days, so you can look forward to everyone's favorite sock puppet talking about nothing as usual!
Once again, thank you to everyone who's been showing support, given their ideas, and spreading the word! Your support means the world to me. I started with almost nothing and now I have a boatload of tools, a mascot, and a couple hundred fans. I'm deeply grateful for all your support and hope I can continue to grow with you in 2019!
The author and creator of "The Legend of Pangaea"